Planning & Development
The objectives of the Planning & Development Department are amongst others:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership and monitor the implementation of strategic objectives of the department;
- Planning and prioritizing the department in accordance with the relevant Municipal Legislation and Policies,
- Take overall responsibility in leading and directing Town Planning & Housing; Environmental Health; Disaster Management, PMU; LED and Tourism services for the municipality;
- Ensuring that key strategic objectives are achieved and services are rendered;
- Lead, direct and manage staff within the department so that they are able to meet their objectives.
- Ensure cost effective management of the department’s budget and timely implementation of Council resolutions related to the department;
- Oversee the development and review of relevant policies and strategies on matters relating to the department;
- Ensure that the activities of the department are aligned to the IDP and facilitate performance management of the department.