The objectives of the Corporate Services Department are amongst others:
- To ensure that the administration of the Municipality is running smoothly, that all administrative and legal processes and prescripts are complied with.
- To provide sufficient and a proper Human Resource function, appoint the necessary staff and ensure proper training and functioning.
- To ensure that the property portfolio of the Municipality is properly administered, maintained and that all related matters are being dealt with.
- Planning, design, procurement, implementation, management and maintenance of municipal information and communication technology network infrastructure
- To ensure that proper labour relations, communication and customer care are practiced in the workplace.
- To ensure that all legal matters and legal compliance are attended to, that all contracts, tenders and documentation comply with legislative procedures and to provide legal advice where needed
- To ensure that a service of high quality, standards and professionalism is rendered by the Directorate and units within Corporate Services
- To ensure that administration support of high quality is rendered to the Council by means of agendas, minutes and the implementation of council resolutions
- To provide a sufficient and proper Archive Service