Human Resource Management
Functions of Human Resource Management Unit
Overall management of comprehensive human resources management policies and processes to ensure that the efficient HR systems and procedures, compliant with HR management legislation and practices, are maintained in the municipality.
This includes personnel records, statistics about personnel, and information processing.
This includes job analysis, job evaluation, salary and wage structuring, fringe benefit scheme, and incentive systems.
Daily monitoring and processing of leave taken. Monthly reconciliation of all types of leave.
Human Resource Provisioning
This includes human resource planning, recruitment, election, placement, transfers, promotions, and dismissals.
- Hold each employee’s personal profile including a summary of his or her work history; appointments and promotions should also be captured. It should track the amount spent on his or her performance and appraisal bonuses.
- Report on recruitment outcomes (only for applicants who are placed).
- Record profession registration status and verify that status against official council records, warning supervisors it employees are practising without registration.
- Contain a collapsible organogram reflecting the staff establishment and funding status thereof.
- Maintain the details of a posts previous occupant and the reason for vacancy for 6 months.
- Archive ex-employees details for a period of three years and have powerful search capabilities for partial information.
- Have leave management capabilities particularly for identifying leave abuse trends.